Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Sharpie Mustang Part 12


Today was clear the Mustang day. Unfortunately I had to drive a ways to get the clear I like to use, but I'm just glad it was somewhere. The booth wasn't available until late in the day, but again- I'm just glad it was. Got lots and lots of clear on the Mustang and it came out great. The clear really brings out the ink. Tomorrow I'll bring it back over to the shop I'm doing the artwork out of (It's About Time Automotive), wet sand, buff, and enjoy. Also late tomorrow I should be taking delivery of the next sharpie car- a 2012 Camaro SS.

2 comments:

  1. Dude I love your work. I do a spot of Kustom Painting myself and have tried incorporating sharpies into my work. I have had problems when applying the clear that the thinner in the clear (PPG Deltron 2K) makes the ink run. Do you ever get that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude! I personally haven't had clear coat run the ink in any of my jobs. There are a number of chemical incompatablities to consider when doing something like that tho.

    ReplyDelete